In Castellbisbal, located at the edge of the Baix Llobregat, there are still many elements linked to the life in the countryside and the rural world. With a museum dedicated to the tractor and another dedicated to life in the countryside, in Castellbisbal there are still many masies that can be discovered.
For example, Can Campanyà, or Can Elies, which constitute an ensemble consisting of two buildings and a small chapel. Can Elies still preserves a reused late-Gothic window.
Within the lands of Can Ribot, on a hill, there was a monastery of the Augustinian nuns dedicated to Santa Magdalena and Santa Margarita, at least since the 14th century. The Ribot family lived in the house from 1626 until 1892, when they moved to Can Amat (Ullastrell). It has a straight arch doorway. There stand out two windows with carved little heads, which could come from the disappeared monastery.
At the entrance to the village from the Baix Llobregat, there are many other samples of rural buildings such as Can Coromines (18th century) and the Casal of Benviure (1934-1936), of Noucentista aesthetics and which incorporates elements of the Baroque repertoire and popular architecture.
Also you may be interested in…